We’ve had several calls late last week and early this week regarding email that won’t send. Of the half dozen calls so far, all were Apple iOS produccts (iPhone, iPad, etc.). While there is no confirmation of this, it seems that the last Apple iOS update “broke” outgoing settings for the mail app.
If you are having issues sending mail and use an iOS product, please check the following:
- In Settings, go to Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Find your email account that is not sending and tap it
- Tap Outgoing Mail server
- Tap the active server
- The host name should be set to “mail.webband.com”
- The User Name is your full email address (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Enter your password
- Set “Use SSL” to Off
- Verify that Authentication is set on and set to “Password”
- The server port should be 25 if you use WebBand as an ISP and the device does not leave your house. It should be set to 2525 if the device is mobile or if you use another provider for Internet.
- Click “Done”